Your rights in connection with personal information
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request" or "SAR"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Complete the form below;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact;
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, repetitive or vexatious. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Data protection officer
The Board of Directors has made the decision that the EWM Group of Companies shall not appoint a Data Protection Officer. This decision will remain under regular review. However, the Group GDPR Steering Committee led by the Group Company Secretary shall oversee compliance with this privacy notice and other aspects of GDPR compliance and the Group Company Secretary shall report to the EWM Group Board on issues relating to GDPR compliance for the Group, while day to day responsibility is delegated from the EWM Group Board to the Group GDPR Steering Committee the ultimate responsibility for compliance with GDPR shall rest with the Group Board (EWM (Topco) Limited and EWM (2011) Limited as the immediate parents of the trading companies.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the Group Company Secretary. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
For postal enquiries;
The Group Company Secretary
C/O The Edinburgh Woollen Mill Limited
If we do not satisfactorily deal with any concern or complaint you raise in relation to our use of your personal data then you have the right to seek advice from the ICO (Information Commissioner). You can access the free helpline on 0303 123 1113 or access live chat or make an online communication at
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data please contact us